Monday, August 28, 2006
The Verdict is In...
I went into the OB this morning, and still no progression. So, I will be going into the hospital on Wednesday afternoon to get Cervidil to help soften my cervix. Then on Thursday morning they will start the pitocin drip, and hopefully a few hours later little miss Aeralyn will make her glorious appearance.

I can't believe it is finally happening.

It's not exactly how I would have wanted everything to go. I mean, I was really looking forward to that Oh-my-goodness-my-water-just-broke-we-need-to-drive-like-maniacs-to-the-hospital-right-NOW-call-the-family-and-OH-MY-GAH moment...but it looks like that is not going to be happening. *sigh* I think I will survive. I'm not much on suprises anyway, so this will be just fine.

It has really started to sink in now, and it's kinda freaking me out a little bit. I mean, really, whose idea was it to put me in charge of an actual living, breathing, human being? I'm thinking that may not have been a good choice since I can barely take care of myself. For instance...wanna know what I had for breakfast this morning? A butterfinger candy bar. That's right...a candy bar. For breakfast. And that is not some crazy pregnancy thing I've got going on...these are the kinds of decisions I make on a daily basis. Poor Aeralyn.

But seriously, y'all be thinking about us over here and say a little extra prayer for us that everything goes well. I will be updating as soon as I can. We are taking the laptop to the hospital in hopes that they have a wireless internet connection that we can hook up to. If that is the case, you can bet I will be blogging from the hospital bed, and you guys will have pictures of Aeralyn a few hours after she is born. If there is no internet we can hook up to, then I don't know when you'll get an update, but it will be as soon as I am physically able to give you one.

I'm off now to enjoy one of my last baby-free nights that I have left!

Labels:



3 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

What's wrong with Butterfingers for breakfast?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you manage to blog and email pictures while in the hospital, you are one amazing woman! I was on so many drugs that i was doing good to wipe the drool from my own chin. I guess it does count for something that i was a c-section and they gave me the good drugs... but even still. However, I will be more then excited to see that little tater tot as soon as she arrives and you email. Be it from the hospital bed or not. Oh, and also. I just had a chocolate chip cookie and sweet tea for breakfast. Kyra had pancakes and milk. I say no matter what sludge you feed yourself, it doesn't matter too much as long as Tater Tot eats healthy. Keep us updated! --Alicia

Blogger Beth Fish said...

Will be thinking of you and know all will be well. Not having the "birth experience" you imagined in a disappointment (speaking from experience), but the only thing that really matters is a healthy baby and a healthy mama.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer