Thursday, August 10, 2006
The Full Moon has Failed Me
Last night there was a full moon, and I was so hoping to go into labor...but as you can see I did not *sigh*. Actually, it turned out for the best since my lovely husband decided to try and cut off his finger with a machete yesterday afternoon, so he really isn't in any shape to help me with an infant now. And it was his right hand, of course, but thankfully it did not require stitches. We are just keeping it bandadged and clean, and as you can imagine, he is in the worst pain that anyone has ever been in in the history of the world, so please keep him in your prayers. I look for him to take his last breath at any moment. (sorry, did you catch the sarcasm in that?) It's the baby taking over my brain...

And in other news:

I had a doctor's appointment today and I'm dialated to 4cm and 70% effaced. *Evil laughter* Don't I WISH!! That was the news I was hoping to get, but instead I got "I think you may have shortened just a little". I am completely convinced that she was telling me this just to make it sound like I have made some progress, and because she saw the tears welling up in my eyes, and she may have feared for her saftey...but just for a second. It did make me feel a little better. I'm hoping that it will all just kind of happen over night, and my water will break in a split second with one big gush, then Aaron will rush me to the hospital just in time to get my epidural. I will push a total of 4 times and she will arrive all pink and pretty and wide eyed, and everyone will say she is the most beautful thing they have ever seen. You think that's a crazy fantasy? Then I won't tell you about the one where she sleeps 9 hours a night every night from day one. I don't want you to think I'm insane or something...

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer