Saturday, August 19, 2006
And You Thought You Were Crazy
Well, I am here to tell you people that I am, in fact, crazier than all of you. Put together possibly. The entry you are about to read contains nothing about pregnancy, Aaron's near death experiences, bad moods, crying fits, or world dominating cats. I know, you must all be crushed, really. But trust me when I tell you that when you are done reading it, you will feel so much better about yourself than you do right now. And what else am I here for except to boost your self esteem? You're welcome.

I am afraid of my refrigerator. No. Really. I hate it, and maybe I have nightmares about it. No, I don't think it is going to up and kill me or anything (although, it might have reasons to), but let me just say I HATE cleaning it out. Y'all, please try and follow me with this one. I put stuff into the refrgerator, and do y'all know it doesn't stay fresh forever? And when it's not so fresh, it really grosses me out? Like dry-heaving-holding-my-nose-oh-my-goodness-please-kill-me-now! I know what you're thinking...the logical explanation would be to clean it out before the contents become...not so fresh. But I can't do that, physically. I don't know why, but maybe there is something inside me, deep down inside me, that gets happy about that green fuzzy mold that grows on cheese. Or the smelly chunks floating in the milk. It's like, living stuff, and it's weird and gross and horrible smelling..and I always have it in my fridge. Don't believe me? I have pictures to prove it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Yes, I finally got around to cleaning out the wretched refrigerator today, and I took lovely pictures of the contents for all the world to see. Hi world!! Aren't you excited? I thought you might be.

Let's start with the top left photo. That would be strawberries, and they are atleast 3 weeks old...possibly even a whole month old. They are crystalized to the tupperware people.

The next photo to the right is spaghetti sauce. Know when we had spaghetti? My birthday. And for those of you who don't know when that was, it was July 28th. Uh huh, that's right.

Bottom left. That is milk, and I know you can't see the date, but it says August 9th. That milk is 10 days past it's prime...and you know what? I've had milk in there way older than that before. I have no shame.

And lastly, the bottom right photo is breakfast casserole. That white stuff on top? Mold. And I? Have absolutely no idea how old that stuff is, but it is definitely filed under on of the grossest things to ever come out of my refrigerator category.

So, there you have it people. I have confessed one of my deepest, dirtiest secrets to you all, and now really...don't you feel so much better about yourself? I know you do. Now you all owe me big time...I want to know what makes you just a little bit crazier (or grosser) than the rest of the population. Don't be scared now...I mean, it can't be worse than what I've told you.

Labels:



1 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

I just got back from my weekend trip away from computers to find not one, not two, but THREE new blogs from you! How exciting!

My grossest habit is leaving dishes in the sink for waaaaay too long. I don't have a dishwasher, and I'm just way too lazy to wash them myself, especially after a meal. It's not unusual to find dead bugs floating in my bowls and glasses in the sink...

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer