Thursday, August 03, 2006
Did I Shave My Legs For THIS??!!
Let me re-phrase that...did Aaron shave my legs for this? Yes, you are reading that right. Let me begin with my first embarrassing story....

Last night as I was soaking in the bathtub, I happened to catch a glimpse of my legs out of the corner of my eye. Let me spare you the gory details and just say that it was not a pretty sight. So, since I had an appointment with the OB today, I decided I would *gasp* shave them!! Easier said than done. I started lathering up my right leg...and after approximately 7 minutes of trying my hardest to reach my leg comfortably, I decided to call for help. Aaron came into the bathroom with a confused look on his face, and I told him that I needed help shaving my legs. He stood there and quietly let out a chuckle, and turned to walk out. I promptly told him that I was not kidding. The horrified look on his face was priceless...but once again I must say that I do have a wonderful husband. He shaved my legs for me...but *shhhhh*, I don't think he wants anyone to know. It was emabarrassing for me, but I feel so grateful to have someone like him to help me with anything I need. Blah blah blah...mushy gushy-ness.

Back on topic...embarrassing story #2
I have become a PRO at peeing in a cup. I have done it approximately 8,756 times over the past few months, so I feel pretty confident in saying that I am an expert on the subject. One subject I am apparently NOT an expert on is the making-sure-your-dress-isn't-tucked-into-the-back-of-your-underwear-so-you-don't-make-an-a**-out-of-yourself-in-the-docotrs-office-after-peeing-in-a-cup subject. Yes, that's right. I walked out of the bathroom and over to the scale (or as I like to call it: the self esteem killer), and a kind nurse calmly came up behind me and told me my dress was tucked in my underwear. Thank GOD for her because I don't know how long it would have taken me to figure it out. Thankfully only a couple of nurses, and a woman and HER HUSBAND saw my awesome blue polka-dot undies. Pfftt...who cares anyway right? I did, at the time, but now I can laugh. You can laugh too...oh, you already have? Thanks alot.

Anyway...I told you all of that to tell you this. I saw the OB and apparently everything is fine...but I'm not sure how she knows this because she didn't even check me!!! I was so prepared for a cervical check today (refer to the freshly shaven legs), and all she did was listen to the heartbeat and look at me, and remind me for the millionth time that I "really need to watch my weight". Also, I had prepared myself for her to check me and say that there is still absolutely no progress towards labor whatsoever and I am doomed to be pregnant forever, and then my brilliant plan was to cry hysterically and make her feel sorry for me and say "okay, we will take the baby next week." I know, I was dreaming. But none of that happened. *sigh* Maybe next time.

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer