Monday, January 22, 2007
I might wind up regretting this one.
I have avoided updating you all on how my Healthy Living is going. Yes, there is a reason for that. And, yes, the reason is that I did not do so well last week. The first two weeks were a breeze. I did very well with the dieting, not so well with the exercise, but all in all I was feeling pretty proud of myself. Last week was a completely different story. I did fairly well with the eating, absolutely horrible when it came to drinking ( I had either tea or coke every single day with only a few glasses of water), and I only exercised twice. I was dreading my Friday morning weigh in. I weighed myself every day for the first week, and that was just ridiculous. I was stressed and upset, and I decided I wouldn't weigh myself at all the following week, and that after that I would only weigh once a week, on Friday mornings. Much to my surprise, I had lost 6lbs. Even though I wasn't eating as well as I wanted or exercising much at all, I still had cut my calories drastically. Now that I saw that positive reinforcement, I'm confident that this week will be much better. So far, so good.

How are all of you doing with your resolutions?

Aeralyn has been enjoying her adventures with solid food. So far, she has had rice cereal, green beans, sweet potatoes, bananas, and garden peas. He favorite by far is the sweet potatoes, but unfortunately she can only have them in very small doses. They upset her tummy a good bit, and they give her diaper rash. Today we are going to try butternut squash, and I'm hoping it won't get spit back in my face like the garden peas.

Last week I recieved an email from a reader of this site. I get very few emails, but the ones I've gotten have always been nice and complimentary. This one? Not so much. This person wanted to let me know their opinion of my site, and their opinion was that it is "fluffy, boring, and has no real meaning." Also, no one wants to read about my baby all the time, I intentionally avoid stating my opinions, and I shouldn't have named my blog "Pieces of Me" if I was only going to talk about my baby.

This is the first negative email that I've gotten, so I'm not really concerned. I do want to put this out there though: I started this blog for family a friends. We have several people that we care about that we don't get to see on a regular basis, and this website is for them to come here and keep up with our family going-ons. I talk about Aeralyn, document milestones and other things I otherwise might not remember if I didn't write them down, and sometimes, I talk about me. I'm happy with it, and everyone else seems to be too. If you don't like it, you can stop reading.

It is true that I've never made any entries on this site that portray my political or religious opinions, and it's not that I'm avoiding them, it's just that I'm not a person that talks about those things in general. I do want to give all my readers an opportunity to ask me any questions that you want to know my answers to. You can ask me anything under the sun about politics, religion, world problems, parenting, etc., and I will answer them all with my honest opinion. They don't even have to be "serious" questions, they can be fun too. Anything you want to know. You can leave a question in the comments, and you can even comment anonymously if you want to so I won't know who you are. You can also email me questions at Momtotatertot [at] gmail [dot] com.

This is your chance to find out anything you want to know about me. Have fun with it, and don't be shy. I'll answer anything (within reason). Make me laugh, make me cry, make me answer your questions!

Labels: , , ,



11 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

Oh my God I can't believe someone actually emailed that to you! What an ass! You aren't forcing anyone to read your blog! They came here voluntarily, and they can leave if they don't like it!

I love reading your blog...it isn't always about Aeralyn.

Did they leave a post for their blog? I'd love to read about their exciting life...apparently it involves the high-paced world of blog-reading...

Blogger Heather said...

No, the person who sent the email didn't even identify themselves at all. It was actually kind of exciting...my first hate mail! LOL!

Blogger Alicia said...

First of all, what an arrogant piece of sh*t! Are they so much better then you with all thier high and mighty comments? And they didn't leave a call back number? What a cheap shot. Probably some worthless out of work SOB who has nothing better to do then send hate mail. I love ya Heather, and I enjoy reading your blogs whether they be about your or Aeralyn.

Secondly, I can ask any question I so desire? Wow, the possibilities. I'm gonna have to sit and think of a good one.

Blogger Alicia said...

Oh, and I fogot to congratulate you on your 6 pounds! Bravo! Soon enough you'll be all kinds of hot and sexy just in time for you summer bikini!

Blogger Heather said...

Oh God, you said bikini! I just got the cold chills and shakes.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow sry to hear about the hate mail! my first reaction was the same as lindsey's...they dont have to read it if they dont like it. but if they didnt really like it, why are they still reading it? :P being as im in boston now, i really love to read your blogs:)
grats on the 6 lbs send me your secret i need to lose weight bad!!!!

~Tara

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hqNow Heather, you know what Grandma would say, " They are just jealous that you are happy and blessed with such wonderful family and friends. Say a little prayer to thank God for your blessings, pray for those who aren't as blessed and move on." They haven't walked in your shoes. With all you've already been through in 22 years, it's time for you to be happy for awhile. I love you and I'm proud of you and all you have accomplished. Please kiss that beautiful baby for me. Aeralyn, not Aaron : ) Barbara

Blogger Beverly said...

How sad...and if you want to know the truth, I live for Tatortot Tuesdays!
(Actually checked in today thinking that it was Tuesday!)
You are a very sweet person, and its just natural that you have a very sweet blog.

(I think the email person is not so sweet! So there!)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If that reader is so bored with your site and wants everyone to know what should be said, then they souldn't be so anonymous. Hey, at least you got alot of comments this week! I actually wish you would blog everyday about Aeralyn. Still having Aeralyn withdrawals. Anita

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the 6lb loss!! (I still need to lose a pesky 5lbs and it just won't go away GRRRRR)

I can't believe you got hate mail either. I've never understood why people even bother sending it. If you don't like a site, don't read it and don't come back to it. Clearly someone was bored and had nothing better to do with their time. I agree with Lindsey too... Would've been great for "anon" to come out of the closet and leave his/her blog for the rest of us to read...

Blogger Heather said...

Thanks everybody for makig me feel better! I guess it could have bee worse, the perso could have come here and made those comments for everyone to see, but I think he/she might be scared of you guys! =)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer