Saturday, January 06, 2007
What was that I said about nagging?
Special thanks to Alicia for this post. Without her, I might not have updated you all on my progress until Monday, but since I asked for someone to nag me, she took on the job.

I'm glad she did because someone has to do it.

To tell you the truth, this week's dose of healthy living has not been easy. In fact, it's been down right hard. I will say this though: I have done EXCEPTIONALLY well with the eating part of the deal. I have substituted white bread for wheat bread, and I have had fruit, yogurt, or a 100 calorie pack for snacks and the ONLY beverage I have had all week (except for that one huge sweet tea) is water. I have to say I am very proud of myself.

When I decided to start out my healthy living lifestyle, I said I was going to have one day per week as my "cheat day". I would get to eat whatever I have deprived myself of all week, but I would save the indulgences for things that I really really wanted. The only catch is that I still have to work out, and if possible, do even a little bit extra just because of all the added calories. I've already used my cheat day this week, but, I woke up this morning and it just felt like another cheat day.

I know, I know.

And I have not worked out one time this week. Not. one. time.

Unless you count walking around Wal-Mart yesterday for about 45mins, but I don't think I burned many calories doing that.

Next week I'm going to start my gym routine. I'm going to sit down with the aerobics calss schedule and figure out which classes I want to go to and I'm going to actually go to them. And I'm going to walk on the treadmill at home or either take Aeralyn out for a walk when it's nice.

I'm going to do this. I HAVE to do it. I want to feel good again. I want to feel comfortable in my clothes. I want to get back into my pre-pregnancy clothes. I want to be able to wear a swim suit by summertime. I want to be healthy.

This week was a rough start, but it's going to get better and easier. How are the rest of you doing?

I promise a story about green beans soon. Also one about one of my biggest fears that I finally conquered. Are you all intrigued now?

Labels:



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My weight loss is going along swimmingly. My husband and I are going to start trying to get pregnant in the spring, but it's important to me to get as close to my ideal weight before we get pregnant so that I'm not putting excessive strain on my body to carry baby + extra weight. I got to dig my "skinny pants" out of the attic and they FINALLY fit again, but I still have a ways to go. The road to being healthy is long, but luckily, habits form quickly and it stops being quite so hard. Good luck with your exercising!

Blogger Alicia said...

Water! All week! I'm very proud of you Heather!!! Two thumbs way up. :)

You've inspired me... kinda. I've been talking to Jer for a couple of months now to start going to the gym. Now that I've completed my EMT class, I think I'm going to reward myself. Healthy living sounds good.

Blogger Lindsey said...

I think the biggest change that you can make is changing your eating habits. Don't get me wrong - the exercise is important too. But both my step-brother and my mother have both lost 60+ pounds by simply changing their diet. It's hard at first, but after a while you get used to it. I used to be a Mellow Yellow ADDICT, but I haven't had one in 5+ years...now you couldn't pay me to drink one...

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer