Monday, January 15, 2007
A letter to my wisdom teeth
Dear Teeth in my mouth that are of the wise variety,

First and foremost, I would like you to know that I hate you, all four of you. Yes even you, top ones, though you have yet to cause me any pain so far. I know you're just waiting for the right moment. And by "right moment" I mean the most inopportune moment possible. I hate you with my whole enitre being, but I'd have to say that my gums probably dislike you the most.

To the right bottom one, you started this whole mess almost two years ago, and you've been leading the torturous way ever since. It wasn't enough for you to plow through my gums and break a tooth on your way in. Oh no, that was not nearly enough! Now you've got your buddy, bottom left, in on the game too. Bottom left started moving in right after I had my tooth pulled last week, and now the left side of my mouth is in such a swollen mess I can barely eat. While this fact has been fabulous for my diet, it has not been so great in general.

I can't wait to get you removed! I hope you end up in the garbage can next to some dirty old man's rotten teeth. And then you'll see that residing in my jaw wasn't so bad after all.

Sincerely,
The one you're going to miss


*This is why you haven't heard from me in several days. I have been in a pain induced fog, so I thought that might not make for good posting. As you can tell, neither does a pain medicine induced fog.

Labels: ,



4 Comments:

Blogger Alicia said...

Um, my suggestion is that you ask Aaron to go sell his liver on the black market. Well, not the whole thing, just part of it. The liver regenerates itself I believe, so it'll do no harm to hime. Just tell him to hold back on the alcohol for a while.

Oh, the purpose for selling a piece of his liver? Why to earn enough money so you can finally have these wisdom teeth removed. The way I see it, you've already had your gut cut open to bare his child, this is the least he could do for you.

Blogger Lindsey said...

Alicia may be on to something there...does Aaron have a health plan through his job?

Blogger Heather said...

LMAO!! I would much MUCH rather deal with the pain of the wisdom teeth than to deal with my whiney-baby of a husband after he has had surgery. I hope he never has to go through surgery again just so I don't have to listen to his whining. =) Aaron does have insurance through his job, but the benifits have not kicked in yet because he has only been there for a little over 4 months. He is supposed to be asking today about when our insurance will start because I can't take this much longer. And if the insurance doesn't start soon, then we will be paying out of pocket. But, I have finally come to the conclusion that it will be worth it.

Blogger ~M~ said...

Wisdom teeth suck! I had all 4 of mine cut out (only one came in a tiny bit) just over a year ago. I was not fun at all...my face was swollen and bruised for a few weeks. The pain was not so bad after the first few days, but the stitches were the worst. It's all worth it now...no more nagging pain and swelling gums. Good luck!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer