Sunday, August 26, 2007
Random Bits
CJ! Send your address to my email Momtotatertot[at]gmail[dot]com.

I have been trying to get a post up since Wednesday, but I have failed miserably. Aeralyn came down with a bad cold on Thursday, so we have been the house of snot and gumpiness for the past few days. And now I have the cold too, so it's time for extra snot and grumbles. YAY!

Last Monday and Tuesday, Aeralyn stayed in the gym daycare for the first time without screaming her head off. She didn't even cry a little bit. This is a serious accomplishment, y'all, considering all the other times I've taken her, she has screamed so much that the daycare provider is running to get me after about 15 minutes. She must have been so busy bullying the older children that she didn't even notice I was gone. Yes, the older children. She took a 3 year old little boy's craft project and took all of the glitter off of it. Which explains why she was covered in glitter from head to toe when I came to pick her up. Lord help me.

A year ago yesterday was my due date with Aeralyn. I was a little more emotional about it than I thought I would be. Just think of the mess I'm going to be on her actual birthday. I swear, every time I even think about her party or have visions of everyone singing "Happy Birthday" to her, I cry. I keep looking back through all the pictures I've taken of her over this past year, and, I cry. It seems like it was just the other day when she could barely even hold her head up, and now she is walking all over the place. They grow up way too fast.

Mission Sleep Through the Night has temporarily been aborted due to teething and sickies. We weren't really getting anywhere with it anyway, so I'm glad we get to make a fresh start in a couple of weeks.

I think that's all I have for now. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Baby. I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. I hate to tell you this but it will get worse. Next she'll be 5--Pre-K, then 13-teenager, 16- driving, then before you know it 18 and bye- bye mama. Enjoy while you can. 4 yrs. ago today we were welcoming Bobbie into the world. They grow too fast. It's hard to believe their birthdays are only a week apart. Time to open presents. Bobbie thinks since Aeralyn isn't "Baby Aeralyn" anymore, I need to buy her panties like a big girl. We'll wait a year or so. See you next week! Love to all, Barbara

Blogger Jessica said...

I agree with you...they do grow up way to fast. I was thinking the same thing you did about where did the baby go...Gosh...12 months sure crept up on us quick huh?

I too am getting teary just thinking about D's birthday. I try not to think about him growing up, and try thinking about how much fun his first party will be. It's hard, but I'm forcing myself to think that way...

Sorry to hear about the sleeping. Hopefully things get better health-wise, and you can get her back on track.

Keep your head up momma! There's so much more to look forward too!

Blogger Unnaturally Blonde said...

I hope you both feel better soon! My friend's daughter just turned one, I can't believe how fast time went by! You have such a great life ahead, just enjoy it!

Blogger Marz said...

Awww... but I do agree... I can't believe Nate is 3 already & Emma is 7 months! Both my kids were late too, lol!
too cute about the glitter.
Sorry the sickies are at your house, hopefully they won't last long & all will be back to normal again.
Take care!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer