Saturday, August 18, 2007
Houston, we have a TOOTH!
Finally, at eleven and a half months old, Aeralyn has gotten her first tooth. That explains the week of clinginess/fussiness that has plagued our household. Thank goodness the little booger finally popped through. Now we can hopefully get back to normal. Also, any tips on how to go about this weaning stuff? Because, SHE IS GETTING TEETH, Oh my GOD!

I'm busily planning Aeralyn's first birthday party. I can't believe it is only two weeks from this Saturday. And I've still got alot to do. So far I have the supplies and all of the decorations, minus balloons. I've got the invitations made out and addressed, but not stamped and sent yet. I"ve got her dress, and an appointment for the birthday pictures. I've picked out the cake and given my ideas to the cake baker (because I sure as heck can't bake a cake).

But there is still so much to do.

I've got to decide on the menu for the party. Do I want to do finger foods like cheese and fruit and veggie trays or should we just grill hamburgers and hot dogs and have chips? Or pizzas? Any thoughts? I'm leaning more towards the finger food idea just because I think that would be what Aeralyn would like most, and so would I. But I'm thinking it may end up being more expensive and harder to put together.

I"ve got to find a bow to match the birthday dress, or if I can't find one to match I'll have to make it. I've still got to finish shopping for the last present that we will be getting her, and wrap them all. I've got to make or find a cute notebook to have at the party for everyone to write something special to Aeralyn in. And in the mean time, I need to find a crap load of money to do all of this with. Holy moly, looks like I better get busy people.

Labels: , ,



6 Comments:

Blogger Alicia said...

Yea, teeth! Unfortunate for you, one tooth popping through does not mean this is the end. After one, 6 more are waiting to torture her (and you) with.

Wow, sounds like her first birthday is going to be one for the books! I'm hoping that last birthday gift is going to be flying Kyra and myself in for the big event. That would be a *fabulous* gift, for us!

As for the food, what about a combo of hot dogs and hamburgers and fruits, veggies, cheese platter. Then there's lots of yummy-ness to go around and you don't have to worry about eating those 8 extra bags of chips that never got opened.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for the first tooth!! :D

I got no tips for weaning, but since she is actively teething now, I'm going to go with Alicia's suggestion and do a combo. Also anything softish and/or cool/cold for Aeralyn's mouth will be a big hit with her. Try and avoid too hard veg/fruit/cheeses though as they could end up irritating her already sore/swollen gums. Kira ADORED frozen bananas in her early teething stage.

I can't believe she's going to be 1 already. Wow. Can't wait to see pictures!! :D

(ps: Sorry I haven't been around - lots of personal issues right now and nothing I feel like writing about)

Blogger Lindsey said...

This may just be my opinion, but I doubt any of the guests will boycott the party because of the food that you chose - serve whatever works best for you. I promise we will eat whatever you choose to feed us :)

Try not to go overboard like I did for my housewarming party...I had waaaaay too much food, and ALOT to clean up afterwards. It was a waste of money. I just couldn't eat all of those leftovers before they went bad.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Heather. I hate to hear about Coal. I know he was real special to you. Nothing will ever replace him but maybe this will help. Picture him and Penny playing out in the yard chasing butterflies. His big sister will take care of him. Maybe someday he will help in sending Aeralyn a new baby kitty who will like to play with her. Love You, Barbara

Blogger Marz said...

woo hoo on the tooth!!!

Blogger Beverly said...

Wow! A tooth, a birthday, and weaning...

Sorry to tell you but once the first tooth comes in they keep coming...and fast!

I think a combo of hotdogs/hamburgers on the grill and a little finger food would be a great idea. Some grown-ups (mostly the men in my house) stay hungry on a diet of finger food!

The party sounds fantastic! It's hard to believe that she's almost a year!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer