Thursday, August 16, 2007
What Matters Most
Around here today, there are many things that need to be done. There are clothes to be washed, and towels to be folded and put away. There are dishes to be loaded in the dishwasher, sinks to be scrubbed, and floors to be mopped. There are carpets that need to be vacuumed, and trash that needs to be taken out. There are errands to run, checks to write, and phone calls to make.

But none of that matters right now. All of that can wait until tomorrow, or even the next day. The only thing that is important right now is that my little girl wants her mama. She needs me to hold her and rock her and kiss her sweet cheeks. The rest of the world can wait because someday, she won't need me anymore. But right now, she does, and that's all that matters.

Labels: , , ,



5 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

Aww. Doesn't she have a birthday coming up in a couple of weeks? I hope I'm invited to the party :)

Blogger Mrs. DeVoe said...

writings like this make me want to have kids.....then i read the ones about her not sleeping and think again.....and I am with lindsey...i better be invited too!

Blogger Alicia said...

Poor baby! Hope nothing too tragic is wrong. You've kinda left us hanging. Though I've had that moment most of today as Kyra has picked up her first snotty nose of the season. The poor little booger is stock full of them!

Blogger Beverly said...

Oh, rock her and kiss her and let everything else fall in its place!

You're very right. Someday she will be grown! And what she'll remember the most are the hugs and kisses!

Blogger Marz said...

Awww... that was sweet.
Cherish those moments because "someday" is not too far off, believe me. :(

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer