Tuesday, August 14, 2007
I'll get to the regular stuff in a minute.
Two Fridays ago, Coal came in for a visit. For those of you who are new here or don't remember who I'm talking about, go read this,and the end of this.

Anyway, he came in for a little visit. He doesn't come in often because since he's been outside, he loves it. And usually if he does come in, he doesn't stay long because he's not too fond of Aeralyn trying to get to him. But this night was different. He came in and went right over to Aeralyn. Needless to say, she was thrilled. She chased him all over the living room smiling and laughing, grabbig his tail and even trying to pick him up. It was so cute that we got out the video camera and taped them together for a few minutes.

I had a glimmer of hope when I saw him act like that. I thought maybe, just maybe, he can start coming in again for short periods of time. I pictured him and Aeralyn becoming great friends, and Lola finally getting her playmate back.

That dream was short lived though. Aaron finally got up the nerve to tell me last night that Coal was found last Thursday by our UPS man. I wasn't home, and the UPS man wasn't sure if he was my cat or the neighbor's, so he took him next door since he didn't want to bring him to me if he was mine.

I knew something was wrong because I hadn't seen him in a few days. I talked about him on Saturday because we had a bad storm. I said that I hoped he had gotten under the shelter away from the storm. And then on Sunday, I asked Aaron if he had seen Coal lately. He responded with a short "Mmm hmm." I knew that was unusual because when I've asked that question in the past, he always responded with something along the lines of "Yes dear, he's fiiiinnnnee." So last night, he finally told me, and I did not take it well. I kept waking up during the night, crying and thinking about him. He died just shy of his 4 year anniversary with us.

I'm still so sad about it today. I keep listening fo his meow at the door. Most of all, I keep thinking about how Aeralyn won't get to know him and enjoy him like we did. I'm just so glad that he came in the other night and we got to spend that time with him. If I had only known it would be the last time...

I'm going to post a few of my favorite pictures of him. I'll be back sometime later today with Tatertot Tuesday.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Coal October (AKA "Boog") April 2003-August 2007


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. He was really a beautiful cat. Sending warm thoughts your way...

Blogger Jessica said...

I'm so sorry Heather...it's always hard when you lose a pet, let along the first "baby". At least you got to see him again before he passed. *hugs* to you....

Blogger Lindsey said...

Poor Coal. Any idea as to how he died? And where did you find such a nice UPS man!? The guys that deliver here could care less about their job, let alone the people they are delivering to.

Blogger Alicia said...

I am so sorry to hear about this! He is a good cat.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer