Monday, August 06, 2007
I've Been Tagged
Alicia tagged me for a meme quite a while ago. I've been dealing with a sick baby, so I'm just now getting around to it. Aeralyn has been running a fever since Thursday, and we've been to two doctors so far with no real answers as to why. Keep us in your thoughts because if the fever doesn't subside by Wednesday morning, I will have to take her in to see if she has a urinary tract infection. I really don't want my little punkin' to have to go through that, so please have us in your thoughts and prayers.

So, about this meme...

The rules in this game of tag are simple -- once you have been tagged, you must write a blog with ten weird, random things, little known facts or habits about yourself. At the end choose at least 10 people to be tagged, list their names and why you chose them. Don't forget to leave a comment that says 'you've been tagged' and tell them to read your latest blog.

Oh, aren't you excited? This is going to be hard since I've already done the 100 things about me and the five weird things about me before. Let me see...

One
I have never lived out of the state of Georgia. I really don't have a desire to either. I know, boooorrrriiiinnngg.


Two
I have lost 4 pounds in the past 2 weeks. YAY! I've been back on Weight Watchers. Well, not really considering I cheated for my birthday, and I pretty much cheated all last week, but apparently I did something right. I know, what happened to the Healthy Living? I'm still working on it.

Three
I love scrapbooking. No, really, I love to scrapbook. I've been itching to get to work on Aeralyn's scrapbook, but it turns out that having a mobile and extremely curious child does not leave much time for scrapbooking. Hmm, go figure. I have gotten a few pages done though, and I must say that I am very proud of them. I could happily spend $1,000 dollars and countless hours in A.C. Moore or Michaels on scrapbooking supplies. I have to control the urge to shove my scrapbook creations in the face of people that come to my house all the time. Most people really don't care, but I show them anyway. You want to see my scrapbook? No? Really? Okay then.

Oh, that reminds me! In my speech class in college, I had to give a demonstrative speech on any topic that I chose. Of course, I chose scrapbooking as my topic. I demonstrated to the class how to make simple scrapbook pages, store supplies, etc. I brought in a few of my finished scrapbook pages to show as examples and pass around the room. One of the examples was a page I did with a picture of Aaron trying on his new scuba gear in the living room of his parents house. He had just bought all of his gear and equipment, so he tried it all on to make sure it fit. Wet suit, mask, snorkel and all. Aaron had always hated that picture, and I teased him with it by calling him "Scuba Steve" and making that scrapbook page. Did I mention that he was in my speech class? And he turned about 20 different shades of red when I brought out that scrapbook page and everyone realized it was him. Sweet victory!

Four
I'm afraid of the dark. I always have been, and I'm assuming I always will be. I don't have to sleep with a night light on or anything, but I like to atleast have access to a light that I can turn on quickly if need be. Being in a completely dark room really freaks me out. My heart starts to race and I feel like I can't breathe. Of course, one of Aaron's favorite things to do to me is turn off the light while I'm taking a shower and I can't get to the light switch. Oh, were you feeling a little sorry for him since I showed an embarrassing picture of him in our college class? Well, don't because he obviously deserved it, don't you think?

Five
I hate Kool-Aid. Absolutely positively loathe it. It doesn't matter what flavor it is, I just can't get it past my lips. I think the reason I hate it so much is because I drank it constantly for the first 8 years or so of my life, so I pretty much got my fill of it during those years.

Six
I don't like anything grape flavored except for grape jam. Grape soda, grape candy, grape poscicles, grape lip balm...I won't have any of it. And I can't stand the smell of anything grape either. Coincedentally, purple is also my least favorite color. When I was a kid, I would use every crayon in my crayon box except for the purple one. Sometimes, I would even throw that crayon away so I wouldn't have to look at it. One of my biggest fears is that Aeralyn will want to paint her room a hideous shade of purple when she gets older. *shudders*

Seven
Any time I look at a digital clock, I have to add the numbers that display the time together in my head. I've done this for as long as I can remember, and I'm a little obsessive about it.

Eight
I love flip flops, and I have atleast 25 pair. I wear them pretty much year round, except for the days that it is just entirely too cold to wear them. Luckily we don't have too many of those days down here.

Nine
My favorite smell is coconut, but I will only use coconut scented products in the summer time. My scents have to match the seasons. I wouldn't dream of burning an apple cinnamon candle during the spring because, in my mind, that is a winter scent.

Ten
It has taken me 3 days to complete this meme. I can barely find the time to get on the computer anymore, especially since Aeralyn has been sick. I hate that she has been feeling so bad, but I have to admit that I've enjoyed the extra snuggle time. I do hope she is feeling better tomorrow. I'll go ahead and say that there probably will not be a Tatertot Tuesday post tomorrow, but I will update you all as soon as I can.

Now that you are all blown away by how weird I am, I'm supposed to tag ten people. I hate tagging people for these things because then I feel like they feel obligated to do it, even if they don't want to. So, if you read this and you feel like doing it, please do. Just let me know so I can come and see it. Good night!





Labels: ,



4 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

Note to self: Buy purple wrapping paper for Aeralyn's birthday gift...

I also have never lived outside of Georgia, and I never plan to. But unlike you, I have remained in the same 20 mile area my entire life.

Blogger Marz said...

I hope Aeralyn feels better soon. We don't want her going to the hospital.

As to the meme...
well, I have to agree with you on quite a few things:
I hate grape anything too!
I, too, love coconut but other then body wash, I won't use it in winter either.
I have been off & on on WW since Emma's birth & also cheated last week & the week before for my birthday.
I'm not big on Kool Aid either. Cherry is the only one I can tolerate.
I guess we're quite alike.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Heather...I decided to join in on the fun. Here's mine: http://lepetitchic.typepad.com/le_petit_chic/2007/08/my-first-meme.html

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Heather, Remember me, Aunt Barbara? Anyway as to poor Aeralyn being sick, everytime we took Logan or Bobbie to this one Dr., it was ALWAYS a virus and nothing to do about it but give Tylenol and Motrin for fever and let it run it's course. Thank God, he is no longer there. And God forbid, if her temp. goes to 105*, it is NOT normal or okay and take her to any doctor who will treat her. Love Ya!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer