Thursday, August 09, 2007
Pop Quiz
Why is it that I can't sleep on the night that my child has slept for four consecutive hours without a peep?

a.) I've stayed up too late watching Mystery Diagnosis and I've now convinced myself that I or someone I love has an array of strange diseases.

b.) My husband is out of town and I have a hard time sleeping without him.

c.) I'm worried about getting my hair cut tomorrow.

d.) Lola is snoring and driving me absolutely crazy.

e.) All of the above.

If you guessed All of the above, you were right. Send me your address so I can send you some cookies.

First, let me update you and say that Aeralyn is perfectly fine. Her fever broke on Tuesday and she has been back to her normal, happy self. Thank goodness. She is quite the pitiful little girl when she is not feeling well.

I'm going to get my hair cut tomorrow for the first time in a long time. I mean really cut, not just trimmed. I've been growing my hair out for a while now, and I am so over it that I could puke. It's dry and dull and boring. And there is just way too much of it, so off it goes tomorrow. In my perfect world, I would get it all cut off in a cute little bob or some other easy to manage short hairstyle, but of course, this is not my perfect world. You see, I have enough hair on my head for three people, maybe four. It is also indecisive about whether or not it wants to be straight or wavy, so it usually resides in a state of constant frizziness. Not ideal hair for short styles. Which means I have to stick with medium to long hairstyles with a lot of layers to thin out my hair.

I have a history of never being satisfied with my hair. I've never once gotten a haircut and said "I LOVE it!". Never. There is always something wrong with it. A little too short here, a little too poofy there, you name it. I think that is mostly because I never go in with something specific in mind to tell the stylist. But this time, I'm going to try and do it differently. I've got it pretty narrowed down to what I want, but not too specific to where the stylist doesn't have any creative leeway. Although, I don't want her to be too creative and end up giving me a mullett or something worse. Wait, is there anything worse than a mullett? I don't know, ask me tomorrow and I'll probably say that the current hair on my head is worse than a mullett.

No, NO! I'm going to think positive. It's just hair for God sakes. It will grow back. It's just, for once, would it be too much to ask to get a haircut that I love? One that puts a smile on my face and makes me feel super confident instead of bringing me close to tears because "LOOK AT MY BANGS! They're AWFUL!"

Now, since I know all of you have all the time in the world and would love to help me on such short notice, I'm going to ask you a favor. Does anyone have a picture of any hairstyles that they think would look cute on me? Anyone out there? Remember, I have a round face with chubby (ok, fat) cheeks, and my hair is super thick so I don't think I can go much shorter than collar bone length. I know I want side bangs, but other than that I'm not too sure. I'm going to be Googling hairstyle ideas to see what I can find, but if you find anything for me, please share!

Now, who wants to bet that Aaron won't notice my new hair when he gets home tomorrow evening?

Labels: , ,



4 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

I had to Google "sidebangs"...

I'm not going to suggest a certain hairstyle, because if I did, and you decided to get your hair cut based on the style I picked, and then you HATED it, then I would feel really bad.

BUT I am going to suggest a website for you: Virtual Hairstyles. You can play around with different hairstyles on different faces...if anything, it helps pass the time. I've been playing around on it for a while.

Blogger Alicia said...

First of all, how freaking fabulous that Aeralyn slept 4 hours strait! Maybe this will continue even after Aaron comes home and doesn't notice your hair cut. (I've got $10 on him not noticing!)

As for a hair style, um, I've got nothing. You've already read how my hair descriptions turn out. I highly doubt you need my help. All though I can say that I liked your hair in your engagement pictures. Past that... I still have nothing.

Good luck though! And post us some pictures of your new "do" as soon as possible!

Blogger Marz said...

Awesome! I'm so glad to hear that Aeralyn is finally feeling better.

Hmmm...
as to the hair?
maybe something like this?
(well it won't let me post it here)
but don't do it if you don't like it because I wouldn't want you to not be happy with it.
Good luck!
I cut my hair not too long ago because it was falling out like crazy & I miss my long hair :(

Blogger Mrs. DeVoe said...

wish i could help but i read this a day late and you haven't seen my hair lately....if you had you certainly would not be taking hair advice from me. I can't wait to see it.....call me sometime so you an dlinds and i can get together....I have the boys tomorrow (saturday) if maybe you want to meet up and go to the park or something?!?!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer