Saturday, July 28, 2007
On my Birthday...
8 things my 23 years old self would tell my 13 year old self if I had the chance.

1. You are NOT fat. You're not even close to being fat, so stop worrying about your weight. You will be fat one day, and you will hate it and wish that you would have enjoyed wearing cute clothes when you had the chance.

2. Don't worry about not making the cheerleading squad next year. You will get pulled in for the JV squad during the middle of the season because one girl got kicked off for bad behavior. Then, much later, you will be the co-captain of your college cheereleading squad. You will have one of the best times of your life.


3. Those bangs you're sportin'? Are not cute. At all. Grow them out for christ sakes!

4. That boy in your eighth grade gym class? Yeah, the one with the blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes. No, not that one, the other one. The one that gives you butterflies in your stomach and makes your heart flutter. Yeah, he's a little nerdy sometimes, but guess what? You fall in love with him. He's going to break your heart one time, and you're going to go through quite a few rough patches, but he's going to be your husband one day. And the father of your child(ren). And he's going to make you happier than you could ever imagine. But whatever you do, don't kiss him in the hallway outside the band room because Mr. V will walk out and catch you and give you in school suspension for the next day. But it will be worth it, so just go for it.

5. Don't worry about your best friend moving away. You will stay in touch and she will even be in your wedding. Stop being so dramatic over the whole situation.

6. You're going to move away from home and go to college. Well, I use the words "Go to College" very loosely considering you spend most of your time not going to college. You will make a lot of mistakes and grow up so much over those 3 years. You will make life-long friends, and a couple of life-long enemies too, but it will all be worth it. Your relationship with Aaron will be tested to the max, and you will realize that he is definitely the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. Oh yeah, you may want to re-think that big party you throw the night before your Biology final. Not really a good idea.

7. You're going to be a mom a little sooner than you think you will. But don't worry, it will be fine. It will actually be the best thing that has ever happened to you.

8. Slow down and enjoy being a kid, please! You are going to be grown before you know it and wishing that you were a kid again. Being an adult isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Labels: ,



9 Comments:

Blogger Alicia said...

How cute... I think I would have some of the same advice for my 13 year old self. If only we had to do it over again!

Blogger Jessica said...

This is so weird to read, because I've thought of a few of those things to tell myself if I had the chance....

Isn't it funny to look back and think how silly some things were, but they were SOOOO important back then?

I agree so much with number 8. I don't know how many times I think that in a week....

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha i remember when mr Ventura caught ya'll kissing!!!!

~tara

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*~*~*~*~*~* HAPPY BIRTHDAY *~*~*~*~*~*

That's a great list you put together! I don't know what the hell I'd tell my 13 year old self... perhaps I should think about that...

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should be very proud of yourself for being the most responsible and put together 23 year old that I have ever known. I'm so proud of you! Happy B'day. I love you!

Blogger Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday!

Yeah, I know, I'm late. Sorry!

I don't know if I could come up with a list for my 14 year old former self (since I'll be 24 in Oct).

And I liked your bangs!

Blogger Beverly said...

Happy birthday!

This is so sweet...I wonder if I tell these things to my soon to be eleven year old if she'll listen to me...probably not, right?

Thanks for sharing.

Blogger Mrs. DeVoe said...

that is a great blog....it really makes you think about how things have changed....Happy belated birthday!

Blogger Marz said...

Happy birthday!!
I so agree, especially the one about being fat....sigh.... I wish I weighed now what I weighed then

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer