Sunday, April 01, 2007
Month Seven
Dear Aeralyn,

I'm having a hard time with you turning seven months today. For some reason, that just sounds too old to me. Is it all just an April Fools joke? I wish. I think you need to work on slowing down this growing up process, okay?

Your seventh month has been one of many new accomplishments. First, and most importantly according to your daddy, you started saying "Da-da" this month. You started out saying it in a whisper, like it was the best secret you ever had, but shortly after that you learned to shout it at the top of your lungs. At first I was sure that you were just babbling and trying out your voice, but now I'm almost certain you know what you are saying. We had a hard day one day last week, and I'm positive that you were just as tired of me as I was of you by the time daddy got home. As soon as he walked through the door, you started yelling "Da-da!!!!" at him, and you had not said it all day until then. Frankly, I think you also need to learn to yell it at 3am when you're crying from your crib. Work on that for me.

Another accomplishment this month was learning to pull yourself up in your crib from a sitting position. This one suprised the heck out of both your daddy and I, and I know it is just the begining of pulling up on everything you can get your hands on. I'm not looking forward to all the bumps and bruises that I'm sure will follow.

Just this weekend, you have learned to crawl. You've been trying your hardest for a long time now, but you finally figured it out on Saturday. You still look quite awkward doing it, and it takes you a little bit to get where you want to go, but you can do it nonetheless. The first person you crawled to wasn't me or daddy. Not even Gammie or Papa. Heck, it wasn't even Lola. You crawled right into the arms of daddy's best friend, Alan, while he was visiting. You've already learned to flirt.

A year ago yesterday, we found out that you were going to be a girl. I'm going to be honest with you and tell you that I was a little taken aback when I found out. You see, I always pictured myself as a mom to boys. I don't know why, but that's what I always saw when I daydreamed of being a mom. I was so sure that you were a boy, and when the ultrasound technician exlaimed excitedly that you were infact a girl, I didn't quite know what to think. It took a little while for the news to sink in, but once it did, I was elated. Now I couldn't imagine you being anything other than what you are. You are the light of my life, and I love you more than anything in the world.

Love,
Mama

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer