Monday, March 19, 2007
Da-da-da-da-da-da-daaaaaddddyyyyyy!!
I forgot that I actually do have something to tell you all today. Aeralyn has just started babbling a little more lately. She's been very vocal for months now, but she was mostly just yelling "ahhhhhhh" all the time, in different pitches. She is also very fond of growling and clenching her gums together to make different sounds. We've been talking to her ever since she was born and telling her things like "bye bye", "mama", "dada" or "daddy", "Lola", "doggie", "night night", "uh oh", "Gammie", "Papa"....etc. in hopes that one day soon she will pick up on the words that we use repeatedly. I think all our hard work may be starting to show.

Last weekend, she woke up and immediately started saying "ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba" over and over. Aaron and I were so suprised because it was literally an over night change from her usual "ahhhhhhhh" that she had been yelling for months. She repeated it all day long, and she even threw a few "pa-pa-pa-pa"s in there too. We had somewhere to go that day, so while I was getting her dressed I asked her if she was ready to go "bye bye".

She looked up at me and said "ba-ba".

I was so excited. Now, I do realize that she has no idea what she is saying and she is just repeating what I say, but it is still the first step in learning.

She stuck with "ba-ba" all week, saying it almost constantly. This weekend she woke up with a new "word".

"Da-da". She said it Saturday morning for the first time while all three of us were laying on the bed playing. Aaron was so excited. It was the cutest thing ever because she was whispering it. She continued whispering it all through the weekend, never once yelling it with such force as her beloved "ba-ba".

Until today. I have heard nothing but "da-da" all day long. Loudly. One time she even yelled "Da-da-da-da-da-daaaaaddddyyyyy!" It is very cute, but I can't help but wish that it was "ma-ma" that she was yelling so excitedly, even though she doesn't know what she's saying.

Here's hoping that this weekend will bring a new "word" again. And maybe, just maybe, it will be "ma-ma"

Labels: ,



4 Comments:

Blogger Alicia said...

Aww... how sweet! I remember Kyra's first "word", ma-ma. Jer was so jealous, he'd work with her every night, "da-da. da-da. can you say da-da?" Ma-ma was great until she figured out what it meant, and in the middle of the night it's Mama she is yelling for.

I'm crossing my fingers that this week she's give you your high pitched, super excited MA-MA-MA-MAAAAA!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just so you know. It has been told that dada is easier for a baby to say than mama. She will say mama before you know it. She's growing up so fast. I can't wait to see her again.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey don't think that she doesn't know what she's saying. She can understand every word you say, and knows exactly what she's doing. :) Kira surprised us MANY times in this fashion! (Her first word was "hi" at 3 months and she was looking directly at the person when they said "hi" to her first)

She also said "Dada" much earlier than "Mumma" but when she addressed me in the beginning anyway, she was saying "Mumumum" which is sooo cute I wish she'd have kept it up. Now I'm Mumma which is equally as cute. :D

OH yeah, it just SPIRALS out of control from here. You're going to blink and she'll be spouting words and talking on the phone. ;)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Heather??? Don't you know that is the beginnings of saying Barbara????? : ) Love ya!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer