Monday, April 02, 2007
I heart Australians!
These questions are fromErica. I am quickly learning that I will do anything that she asks just because I'm pretty sure she has an Australian accent, even though I have never actually heard her speak. But I'm a sucker for Australian accents. This is why I love Curtis Stone - The Take Home Chef. I want him to come talk to me and teach me a few things. You know, about cooking.

Ahem.

Anyway, I told her "Ask me anything!", and well, she did. I think she came up with some pretty dang good questions.

1. Is there anything you would do differently (if you could) with the birth of your daughter?
Absolutely. I would have gotten the epidural right away instead of waiting for 13 hours. Also, I would have said no to the dose of Stadol the nurse gave me. Apparently it turned me into a clone of the devil himself for about 4 hours during my labor. I have no recollection of snatching off my oxygen mask (and breaking it), yelling at my husband, or snapping the head clear off of my mother in law.

2. You are a world famous rockstar - how do you deal with the paparazzi who never seem to leave you alone?
The paparazzi are the reason that I never want to become famous (as if there were some possibility HA!). I understand that they come with the territory of being a celebrity, but I think some go way overboard sometimes just to get a picture. If I were a famous rockstar, I think I would just handle myself with poise and I would do my best not to give them anything to talk about. I know they would still find things to say and pictures to take, but atleast I wouldn't be going around shaving my head or making sex tapes, you know? I definitely wouldn't take any tips from Britney Spears.

3. Because you are this world famous rockstar, at one of your after-parties and everyone has gone home, you find someone has left their blackberry wedged in one of your numerous couches. Who does it belong to and how do you react?
Since I'm playing with the fantasy of being a rockstar, I'm going to also say that I'm single and childless. Now, with that being said:
The blackberry belongs to Curtis Stone. He was the caterer for this particular after-party, and I invited him to stay and enjoy himself once the food was served. Since he is one of my dearest friends, I call him up (speed dial #2), and let him know that he has left his blackberry behind. He agrees to come right over and pick it up. Lots of cooking ensues. And listening to his amazing voice. LOTS. Um, yeah....cooking.

4. What is your least favourite food?
My least favorite food is a weird one, so get ready. Chicken with bones in it. If I'm eating chicken, it has to be boneless. Just thinking about the slimy bones in chicken makes me gag. Blehck

5. Who is your favourite person, and why?
Curtis Stone. Just kidding!! Well, obviously I could do a total cop out here and say Aeralyn. Yes, she is my favorite person, but I think you would all expect that. So I guess that would be a boring answer. Tied with Aeralyn in first place of my most favoritest people on Earth is Aaron. Maybe that's a boring answer too, but oh well. He is my favorite person because he is the only one that I can be raging mad at one second, and then the next be rolling on the floor laughing with. I may complain about him, but really? I don't think it gets much better than him. He's pretty awesome.

So, there you go. If you want to play along, leave me a comment and let me know. I'll think of 5 questions to ask you. Just make sure to leave me your email address.

Labels: , ,



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey kid. The devil you turned into had nothing to do with the Stadol. It was your body telling you to get that almost 8 lb. cute little monster who was laying wrong OUT of your body NOW!!!!!!!! Aaron and Grammie just happened to hear the message in a different way. But honestly, wouldn't you go through it all again for that sweet innocent angel you got from all that pain? Love, love, Barbara

Blogger Lindsey said...

I want to play! I want to play! Ask me some questions.

I don't want to post my entire email address here for all to see, but it is [firstnamelastname]@bellsouth.net.

If you know my first name, and my last name (which you should...) you can figure out my email address.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL "speed dial #2". I love your answers!! :D

Blogger Mrs. DeVoe said...

I love the devil part, apparently the devil came to my mother too when she was having me and she picked a nurse up off the floor about 6 inches and about threw her if my father hadn't stepped in the way. She also ripped out my dad's underarm hair, when she was having my brother! Another reason why I am not having kids! I am already a bitch without the devil coming! Hehe

Blogger mamala said...

This will be unfair if I ask for some questions, as you have no idea who I am.:) (but I will play, if you can think of some for me).I am Erica's mother....all I want to say is, she is getting back her Aussie accent...slowly...although she is influenced by a Canadian who is trying hard at his Aussie accent, so she still has this strange twang to sounds. Nothing like she was taught!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer