Wednesday, March 07, 2007
Willpower
On Monday, I started an official diet. I really didn't want to do a structured diet, but as it turns out I really need some guide lines when it comes to food and portions. Who knew? HA! So I started Weight Watchers.

So far I have done really well, but it has been hard. On Monday, Aeralyn and I went to have lunch with Aaron's granny. She like's hamburgers from McDonald's, so that's what I went to get. Instead of getting my usual Big Mac, fries and a HUGE sweet tea, I got a grilled chicken caesar salad (without croutons....and y'all just don't know how much I LOVE croutons!!!) with a bottle of water. Once I got the food, I headed to granny's house which is about 10 minutes from McDonald's. The whole way there I was smelling the greasy goodness of those fries, and I'll be completely honest and say that the thought crossed my mind severaly times to eat JUST ONE...but I didn't! I was so proud of myself.

In the past two and a half days I have really learned how much food I eat. And it's not even because I'm hungry, it's because I'm bored. I've been trying to keep myself extra busy so that I won't eat mindlessly, and so far it's been working out great. I've just got to keep it up.

I'll see what the scale says on Friday.

Labels:



4 Comments:

Blogger Alicia said...

You've got much better willpower then I have... I've already had a bowl of chocolate ice cream for dinner, and I too have put myself on a restrictive diet that I'm not holding up to.

I give you kudos. One kudo for every french fry you didn't eat.

Keep up the great work!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed our day out together today. Hope you did, too. I was so happy Aeralyn gave me a big smile instead of crying when she saw me. I forgot to tell you congratulations on your weight loss,too. Love y'all

Blogger Mrs. DeVoe said...

Yay! I AM SO PROUD of you! You are doing so much better than me. I worked out Monday, really hard and then haven't been back. And I have not been eating good at all! I love food way to much! But keep up the great work!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job! You can do it! I started my dash diet on Monday too. I can have one pig-out day a week, and I used that on Wednesday. My weigh in day is on Monday. I'll let you know how it goes. Just remember that as you are working out your weight loss is not as important as your inches lost!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer