Wednesday, January 03, 2007
Confessions, resolutions, and HOLY CRAP is it January already??
Don't you just love the month of January? All the newness of resolutions to be a better you and everyone is generally happy because it's a new year and a time to start over. No matter how crappy 2006 was, we can resolve to make 2007 a better year. And when I say "we" I mean "me" because you are fabulous and have no reason to have any resolutions to be any better.

I personally? HATE the month of January. I have never, EVER kept a new years resolution, not once. But, hey! I'm only 22 years old. I still have plenty of time, right? This year is going to be different. I'm actually telling the whole entire internet my resolutions, so you can all feel free to nag me to keep up with them. Please nag me, I desperately need to be nagged and reminded that "HEY YOU! Didn't you resolve to get in shape and lose weight? Why are you eating that ginormous piece of chocolate cake? Put it down and get your heiny to the gym!!" To which I will respond "Shut up! It's my cheat day!!!" But seriously? I need help people! Yesterday was my third day of "healthy living" (the word diet and I don't particularly get along), and I already used it as my cheat day. On day THREE!! And boy did I blow the whole healthy living thing out of the water all together with a Big Mac, fries and a extra mega super huge sweet tea from the ever so lovely and subliminal message sending "Golden arches". I personally blame this because I cannot get that out of my head. I find myself "throwing that down" (seriously, how white am I?) all the time.

So day three didn't go so well, but I'm not giving up. My resolutions for 2007 are as follows:

1. Be healthier. I refuse to make a specific goal such as "Lose 50lbs" or something like that, but I do want to be healthier in general. This includes exercising, eating better and drinking more water. I would add getting more sleep in there, but that's not really in my control right now.

2. Be more patient. With everyone and everything in general, but especially Aaron.

3. Learn photoshop.

4. Journal more. That includes all my journals, even this blog.

5. Make it to the gym ATLEAST twice a week. And the other days that I don't make it to the gym, I need to walk on the treadmill or take Aeralyn out for a walk in the stroller.

I think that's enough with the resolutions. How many of you have resolutions for the new year? Lets all help each other out. I know I could use some motivation!

Labels: ,



5 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

My resolution list is going to be my topic for Thursday Thirteen today...if I can find the time to write it...

I know you can keep those resolutions! I believe in you!

Blogger Alicia said...

Oh, you are so in for it! I am a fabulous nag, Jer will attest to that! And because you are one of my oldest and truest friends, I am more then willing to help you out. As much as I can being 1,500 miles away and all. We'll start with this...

Did you take Aeralyn for a walk today? You know the weather is plenty warm enough. And to top off that motivation, it's healthier for Aeralyn too if you take her outside for (at least) an hour a day. (or so I've learned in one of those hundred or so baby books i read)

So there, post tomorrow. What have to done today to keep healthy?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never make resolutions - not since I was probably 18 or so I guess. I never kept them so I thought, "Why bother?" LOL. And if I really get to the bottom of any thought pattern it boils down to this: "Are you *really* going to even bother trying to do -whatever-?" Ultimately my answer is always no to myself, so I give up before I even start. No sense in putting unnecessary stress on myself! ;)

Good luck with yours though...And um, I'll nag you if I remember to do so. LOL!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Losing weight has been my resolution since 1997. Since 10 years of doing what I'm doing is not working, maybe I'll keep the same resolution with a different approach! I have faith in you to be a healthier person. If anyone can do it, I know you can. You have major happiness in your life, which is such a great accomplishment. I look up to my little sister. Love you- You can do it!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad I spotted a link from you on my TypePad referrals because you have really cracked me up already. Thanks for putting me on your list of bloggers you stalk. I think.
Er, maybe not. Hmm.
Oh, back to what I meant to comment on: resolutions. I didn't even bother this year. I figured I could be really lazy about it and resolve to give birth this year, since that's pretty much a given...I don't have much say in it now, I suppose. Ahhhh, come July, I'll have completed a non-resolved resolution. POYfect.

Why make 'em if you're not gonna keep 'em? I like "goal setting" instead. My goal is to get some stuff accomplished this year that I resolved to accomplish last year. We'll see.

Good luck to ya! (On your resolutions. Not on stalking people. heehee)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer