Monday, January 01, 2007
Month Four
Dear Aeralyn:

Today you are four months old, and you are barely a glimpse of the baby that you were a couple of months ago. I had no idea that you would be growing so fast and changing drastically from day to day. Your daddy and I are enjoying you so much right now, and we know it's only going to get better from here.

You have turned into such a happy baby who smiles almost all the time. Also, you finally gave us that laugh we have been waiting on for so long, and let me tell you, we just can't get enough of it. We have recently discovered that you are tickilish, and I can't say that I won't be using that to my advantage later on.

I started feeding you rice cereal with a spoon this month, and I did it all on my own without any input from a doctor or a book. This whole time I have been parenting you, I have gotten all my advice from a book, the pediatrician and family and friends who have children of their own. I felt like I had to have someone or something tell me what to do with you, that I couldn't make the right decisions on my own, but I think that is finally over with. I have now become a real mom who really does know you better than anyone else. Thank you for giving me the time I needed to get used to that idea.

You roll over both ways now and you are trying your hardest to get moving. You can get your knees up under you, but you're not quite sure where to go from there. I know it won't be long before you are into everything, and I am slowly realizing that I need to get on with the baby-proofing.

In two days, on the third of January, I will be taking you for your four month checkup. Exactly one year ago on that same day, I had my first ultrasound and I got to hear your heartbeat. That is the moment that you became real to me. I found out I was pregnant with you on December 26th, 2005, but the idea of you did not become real until I heard your heartbeat and saw you on that screen. I can't believe that a year has passed since I found out about you, but I can honestly say that you are the best thing that has ever happened to me.

I love you sweet pea,
Mama

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer