Friday, January 26, 2007
Holy Cow I got a Question!
Remember this post where I asked you all to ask me questions? Well, you didn't. That is, no one did except Alicia. Thank you Alicia! Here is the question:

What is one of the most surprising things you've seen, done, and learned since becoming a mother? Explain why it was surprising to you.
This is a great question, and for some reason I'm having a hard time coming up with an equally great answer. I don't want to do a total cop-out answer and say "everything", even though that is completely true. I'll answer it in three parts:
♦ I would have to say the most surprising things I've seen since having Aeralyn are the changes in myself and Aaron. Before I became a mom, everything I did was all about me. I'd have to say it was the same for Aaron too. Now everything we do is somehow for her. We have to think about the consequences of everything we want to do now instead of just jumping into decisions. Her needs come before ours now, where before her, nothing really came before our needs and wants. The thing that was so surprising about this is how fast it happened. It was pretty much an over night change in both of us, and now I think we are better people than we've ever been.
♦ The most surprising thing I've done since becoming a mother is an easy one. I don't have a prolific answer for this one, so don't get your hopes up. I've wiped poop, snot, and spit up with my bare hands, and I didn't even gag or bat an eye. Infact, I think I've lost the gag reflex all together. I never thought I would be able to do disgusting things like that, so I would say that I'm pretty surprised that I can.
♦ Now on to the most surprising thing I've learned. I've learned that, in my opinion, there is nothing more important than being a mom. I want nothing more than to watch her grow, make her feel loved unconditionally, and watch her become her own person. I never knew that spending all day with a little person who can't even carry on a conversation with me yet would be so much fun. Even though it gets hard sometimes, seeing her smile is worth everything in the world.
There are my answers. Does anyone else have any more questions they want me to answer?

Labels: , ,



4 Comments:

Blogger Alicia said...

Wow, I think your answer for the "seen" part was much better then I would have wrote. I would have said something along the lines of "I was completely surprised to see just how something that small can poop that much!"

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a question. Did you go to the gym today?
Anita

Blogger Heather said...

No, I did not go to the gym today. Did you?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes. If you count PT as going to the gym. Well maybe not.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer