Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Five Things You Don't Know About Me
Erica tagged me with this meme, so here I am, trying to come up with five things you don't know about me. I have a feeling this might be more difficult than I originally thought.

ONE
I am terrified of horses, and I really have no idea why. I wish I could give you a great story about how there was this one time at the hometown parade where a horse went crazy and almost trampled me, but that's just not the case. I've never even been that close to many horses at all, but anytime I am, I get really nervous. They are beautiful creatures, majestic even, but I always feel like they are always on the verge of a major freakout, and I don't want to be involved.

TWO
I don't think I have ever really talked much about this on here, but most of the people that read this blog are people that know me personally anyway. But, since I have recently aquired some readers that I don't know in real life, I'll tell them. This Saturday, December 23rd, 2006, will be the thirteen year anniversary of my moms death. Her and my father were both older when they had me, and they both were not in good health. My mom had a disease called Von Hippel-Lindau, which I recently found out that she did not pass on to me, thank GOD, and my father had dozens of health problems, mostly caused from smoking for so many years. After my mom died in 1993 when I was nine years old, my dad followed her exactly 17 months and 1 day later. I have never been a troubled child, never succomed to depression or drug abuse or any of the other things you hear about some people in my situation doing. I am normal(HA!) and happy and I realize that everything really does happen for a reason. If I had my life to live over again, I would not change any part of it because then I would not be where I am today, and that is about as honest as I can be about that situation. I still miss them both terribly and I wish they were here to see their granddaughter, but I hope that one day we will see eachother again.

THREE
Now, on a completely un-related note, I shave my toes. Look, I'm trying really hard to come up with five things you don't know about me, and I'm pretty sure you didn't know that one. I detest hairy toes, and I've contemplated shaving Aaron's toes while he is sleeping just so I don't have to look at his anymore. Somehow I'm thinking he might not appreciate that too much.

FOUR
I weigh exactly fifty pounds more than I did the day I graduated high school. That is fifty, as in with a FIVE and a ZERO put together side by side. I graduated high school in 2002, only four (almost five) years ago. That is pretty sad. It started with the "freshman-fifteen" my first year of college and went downhill from there. I gained fifty pounds while I was pregnant, and so far, three-and-a-half months later, I still have about twenty-five of those pounds left to lose. And I'm sorry but pilates ain't gonna do it.

FIVE
I don't like chicken with bones in it. The bones are slimy and gross and so...bony! It makes me dry heave just to think about it. I also don't like dark meat chicken. Needless to say I will never get to enjoy a plate of barbecue buffalo wings while watching a football game, or whatever it is you do while enjoying buffalo wings. Somebody get me a trashcan because I'm about to puke just thinking about it.

I'm supposed to tag five people, but I'm only tagging two because I am rebellious like that, yo. Lindsey and Alicia By all means though, if you want to do this go right ahead, just let me know so I can come learn five things about you.

Labels: , ,



7 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

I am not a fan of horses either for the same reasons, although I wouldn't say that I am terrified of them...I just don't want to be near them. Unlike you, I did have an unpleasant experience with a horse. Hmm....perhaps I'll include it in MY list...you'll have to read it (coming soon!!!) to find out what happened.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG I'm terrified of horses too!! Mine happened from when I was a wee girl on the back of one and it suddenly started a fast trot down to the lake for some water. Well I was sure it was going to throw me, and I was panicking and crying and scared... have never ever been a horse since then. LOL

Blogger Lindsey said...

Mine's up, by the way

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i see how it is dont tag me this time!! jk!

~tara

Blogger Beverly said...

So sorry about your mom...and good for you for avoiding the disease! My son (recently turned 18) has VHL, and we've just recently plunged into this world.

Beverly

Thank you for your comment. Us VHL lot seem to be connecting up nicely. I’m so glad you don’t have VHL, did you know about your mum’s VHL all along or was it found after she died? Either way I guess it just proves how fortunate my family are as my father and I are screened and looked after. God bless the NHS! Have a wonderful Christmas and a bright New Year.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's cool you are hearing from people who have or know someone who has VHL. I'm sorry there HAS to be a group for it though. I didn't know there was one.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer