Friday, November 03, 2006
I love you Bob!
Y'all, I'm sorry for disappointing you and not doing a Thursday Thirteen entry this week. I know you were all devastated. No? You weren't? Well, fine then.

But really, I was too upset to do any kind of entry yesterday. Not because Aeralyn has decided to break-up with nap time (the child was awake for TWELVE AND A HALF HOURS STRAIGHT on Wednesday). You would have thought I had given her an entire bag of halloween candy or something. I guess she was just wanting to celebrate her two month birthday hardcore style.

But, like I said that is not the reason I couldn't post yesterday. It's because I heard the news that Bob Barker is retiring. I actually got a little choked up people. What shall I ever do at 11am on weekdays? Will they continue airing re-runs?

It's not even that I really like the show. It's actually pretty cheesy, and the people that get picked to play the games are clearly from another planet. A planet that's only purpose is to beam down idiots for the Price is Right. But the reason I'm so upset is because The Price is Right is all about memories for me.

My dad used to watch that show every single weekday. I've lived with it being played around me since I was born. And I remember being very young (before I was even in school), and when the show would start I would run from room to room pretending like I was Coming on Down to contestants row just like the players on the show. When I got older, I used to love to stay home from school on sick days and watch it. Even during the summer it would be the show I would choose to watch over any cartoon.

Then when Aaron and I moved away to college, it was a show that we started watching together when we came home for lunch. We would yell at the TV telling the contestants that if they only would have listened to us they would have won that trip to Hawaii. And we would have our own little game going on between the two of us to see who could get "nearest to the price without going over".

I can't believe it's coming to an end. When I told Aaron last night he said "Wow, that's crazy. It's one of those shows that has been there forever, and you just don't exect it to ever end. Now Aeralyn will never get to enjoy it like we have."

I'm sure it will run on TV Land. I'll have to make it a point to let Aeralyn watch it and tell her about all the memories I have.

Labels:



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That really upset me too. ive watched it since i was born. my granny never missed it :) i did hear though that someone else was gonna take over. dunno when or if thats gonna happen. but i prolly will not watch it because Bob Barker IS the price is right. i just can not see ANYONE else doing his job. period.

-Tara

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not very upset about the whole Bob Barker thing...I am upset about you skipping out on Thursday Thirteen. Very upset. You could have done a list about why you like the show!!! Slacker! I do not accept your excuses...

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer