Wednesday, October 25, 2006
More Proof That I Suck


Do you know what this is a picture of? It's a lovely picture of the massive mound of clothes that need to be folded and put away. I am quite possibly the worst housekeeper on the face of the earth. I got as far as washing the clothes, but putting them away is a different story. And I really don't have an excuse this time because Aeralyn has been napping BEAUTIFULLY for a few days now, but clearly I would rather blog about how I need to be folding clothes than actually folding the clothes.

Did you notice that those clothes are so nicely piled in a recliner? Well, what you may not know is that recliner is from the living room, but it has been taking up space in my bedroom for almost two months now. Did I mention that I actually slept in that recliner for a whole month after we brought Miss Priss home from the hospital? Why? Because she wouldn't let me sleep in my bed. Yes, that's right, the baby would not LET me sleep in my bed. I had to sleep in that recliner with her on my chest. For a month.

I'm sure I will bust that out one day when she's a teenager. It'll go something like this:


Her: "If you loved me you would let me [fill in the blank with whatever scary piece of nonsense my teeenage daughter will want to wear/unsupervised party she will want to go to/obscene amount of money she will want to borrow to buy her boyfriend a Christmas present/blahblahohmyGOD why did I have a daughter?!]


Me: " IF I loved you? IF??! Are you kidding me? I carried you for nine months and ONE WEEK during the hottest summer ever! And I slept with you in an uncomfortable recliner for a whole month after you were born and you rhink I don't LOVE you?

Oh geez. I think I'll go fold those clothes now.

Labels:



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm! I wonder where you get that from!????
Anita

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL i had to show that picture of ur laundry to my husband and told him see! im not the only one who does it!
Tara

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer