Friday, June 01, 2007
Month Nine
Dear Aeralyn,

Today you are nine months old. You have officially been out of my body as long as you were in it, and I must say that I am enjoying you much more now than I was this time last year.

You are on the go non-stop now little miss, and sometimes it is hard to keep up with you. My days are spent mostly chasing you around the house to keep you away from things you are not supposed to get in to. You are learning what the word "No" means, and you've decided you really don't like it. We usually only have to tell you "No" when you are trying to get into the dog dishes. Then, when you hear us say that dreaded word, you will either completely ignore us, going about your merry way to pick up a handful of dog food or splash in the water dish. Or, you will turn around and grin the cutest little crooked grin at us, and we have to turn away so you don't see us laugh at you.

You are an expert crawler now, and you have also started cruising the furniture. Everyone keeps saying that it won't be long before you take off walking, and I'm hoping that you give it another month or so. I don't know if I'm ready for the adventures that walking will bring, but I guess that will be up to you.

You love to have books read to you. Your favorite books are ones that have peek-a-boo flaps and/or textures that you can feel. You will sometimes sit through ten or more books, and you will even get upset when we have to stop reading to go do something else. Reading to you is one of my favorite parts of the day because it's one of the few times that you will sit still and let me hold you close. Sometimes I will read to you several times throughout the day just to get that special time. You are growing up so fast.

You have discovered music this month, and you love to dance. When you hear a song that you like, you will rock back and forth on the floor, or if you are standing, you will bend you knees and bounce to the rythym. All the while you will have a big smile on your face.

You are such a happy baby. Your daddy and I are enjoying you so much. You are by far the best thing that has ever happened to us, and we love you more than you can imagine.

Love you punkin',

Mama


3 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

Please try to record her dancing, and share the video with us! Pretty pretty please, with sugar on top...?

Blogger Jessica said...

Um, you just made me tear up.....

Blogger Marz said...

Awww... very nice!
Nope, it probably won't be long till she walks but it probably will be about a month, lol.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer