Wednesday, May 02, 2007
Month Eight
Dear Aeralyn,

Yesterday you turned eight months old, and I know I say this every single month, but I can hardly believe it. This month seemed to go faster than ever, and I know that was just a preview of how fast the rest of your childhood will go. I'm enjoying every single minute with you.

You have accomplished some major milestones this month. Just last month I could put you on the floor to play with your toys while I went into the kitchen to do dishes or to the laundry room to put on a load of clothes. Now, you follow me everywhere I go. You are constantly moving while you're awake, and you are curious about everything in your new world. Especially electrical cords and the dog food. And anything that is on the floor. I'm vacuuming several times a week now, but you still manage to find the smallest pieces of fuzz or paper on the floor. And then you promptly put your discoveries in your mouth. Yum!

All in one day two weeks ago, you learned to pull yourself to a sitting position from lying down, and you learned how to pull up on the furniture. You are so proud of yourself. I'm quickly learning that you are fearless because more often than not when you pull yourself up on the couch or chair, you will let go like you are big enough to stand up on your own. You have yet to protest when you fall hard on your bottom. Instead, you just try it again. I'm hoping you will keep that attitude.

You love to go shopping. Whether it be a quick trip to the grocery store, or an all day trip to town, you are always an angel. The only protest you have is getting in the carseat, but you are much happier since we moved you into a "big girl" seat and out of the infant carrier.

I'm not going to mention your sleeping habits this month except to say that they pretty much stink. I just want you to know this so that if you decide to have children one day, you can go back and read this letter and say "Hmm, I wasn't sleeping through the night either at 8 months old. This little devil must have got it from me!" And then I will laugh and say how I remember those days and I will reassure you that those days will pass. And you will roll your eyes and let out an exasperated sigh I'm sure because that is what I do now every time I hear that these days will pass because MY BABY IS THE ONLY ONE IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD WHO DOESN"T SLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT! WAHHHH!!

I'm hoping you start sleeping better soon. But, if you don't, that will be fine too. I still love you, even when you wake me up six times a night. Even when you refuse to take a nap all day and you scream at me because you're so incredibly tired. Even when you get mad at me while I'm feeding you and you slap the spoon out of my hand, causing peas to splatter all over the kitchen. I will love you no matter what, forever. This unconditional love stuff is pretty great.

Love,
Mama

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer