Thursday, May 24, 2007
More Birthday Talk
I'm so glad that y'all don't think I'm too crazy about this whole birthday thing. I was kinda worried about that for a minute. Aaron thinks I'm crazy, of course, but he just doesn't understand.

Okay, so here's what I have planned so far:

*The luau theme I had planned to go with for so long was thrown out the window when I visited this website. I'm in love with this theme and this theme. I can't decide, so maybe y'all can help me with that. The cake will match whichever theme I choose because I'm going to get the same person that did our wedding cake to do her birthday cake. She is a friend of the family and she makes awesome cakes. And of course, I'll get her to make a smaller version of the cake for Aeralyn to tear into. I wish I could make the cake and be all sentimental about it and proud of myself for making it, but that's just not me. I don't know if I've ever told you this or not, but I can't cook. At all. So yeah, no cake making for me.

*I think we are going to do grilled hamburgers and hotdogs for the food with chips, soft drinks and sweet tea. That seems like the easiest option, unless someone else wants to throw some ideas out there that I may not have thought of. Oh yeah, and ice cream! Of course we have to have ice cream.

*I've picked out her party dress. Isn't it just the cutest thing you've ever seen?! I can't wait to get it. And luckily we also have a great photographer in the family, so pictures in the dress are already taken care of.

*I doubt we will do any games just because there won't be a whole lot of kids coming, and obviously Aeralyn won't really be able to participate.

*I'm going to buy a cute book (or possibly decorate one myself, depending on time) to use for passing around the party for everyone to write a message to Aeralyn. I'll also keep track of her gifts and who they came from in the book. I figured that will be something that she can keep forever.

*And I'll be taking an obscene amount of pictures I'm sure. You can never have too many pictures.

Is there anything I've forgotten? Anybody want to give me some ideas? I'm open for suggestions. And don't forget to let me know which theme you like best!

Labels: , ,



6 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Have I told you how incredibly jealous I am that you get to pick out a cute little birthday dress? *sigh* My time will come someday!

I think you have some great ideas for the party. I can't think of anything additional to add, but if I come up with something, I'll let you know!

BTW, husbands always think the things we do are crazy...lol...He'll be glad later that you did all the things you did for your little one's birthday.

Men...they just don't understand...

Happy party planning!

Blogger Marz said...

I hope you don't mind me stopping by. I came from Jess' blog.
Anyways, both of those themes are adorable. It's a hard choice but I think I might like the red one a bit better then the pink.
I ADORE the dress though. IT IS the cutest I've ever seen.
Also may I comment on how much I love your daughter's name. It's so unique! It's lovely.
BTW, I'm a Leo too (7/25)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, I LOVE THE PARTY DRESS!!!

Secondly, my favourite of the two themes is the "One Special Girl" one. It's just gorgeous and childlike and just makes me feel warm and squishy and if I was a birthday-party-throwing-gal, I'd be using it. Oh, and er, of course if we could get that in Australia (which I'm pretty sure we can't).

Now you've gotten me all pumped for her little first birthday because I cannot WAIT to see photos and read the recap!! It's only like 100 days away now right? LOL.

Blogger CyberCelt said...

Just a reminder about the Carnival of Blogging Chicks at Texas RV Travel blog

The topic is: What are your plans for summer?

You can share vacation ideas, great ideas for keeping the children busy during summer, plans for home improvements projects, you name it. Email to cybercelt at cooladz dot com.

Deadline is noon Sunday, but I am flexible.

Blogger Lindsey said...

I'm with Erica...I like the "One Special girl" theme, not only because it is absolutely true but also because the second option is a little too pink for my taste. But, of course, that's just my opinion. Aerlayn might like pink.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pink and green. It also goes with the birthday dress. Can't wait for the party!
Anita

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer