Thursday, June 21, 2007
Happy Summer!

Today is the first day of summer, so...HAPPY SUMMER! I can't say that I really love summer anymore. Summer used to hold a special kind of magic while I was in school. It always meant the end of one school year and time to have fun. Aaron and I would go to the beach, go out tubing on the boat, go fishing in the river, and go swimming. Now it's just a big pain in the butt if you ask me. I live in Georgia, so I probably don't even have to tell you about how hot it gets here. But, for those of you who don't know, in the middle of July you can walk out of the front door and immediately burst into flames. It's that freaking hot.




So anyway, it's summer. I don't know how many of you remember, but I said I was going to do something before the start of summer. Does this ring a bell for any of you? Well, I have been working on it, and I have to say I am pretty proud of the result.




Here are the before pictures:







And here are the after pictures:






Not too shabby, huh? It is now a scrabooking/storage room. The recliner is only in there until we can get rid of it. And, did you notice my child in the second picture? That is her just moments before she stood up, ON HER OWN, without pulling up on anything. Of course, my camera was too slow to get the picture of her standing up because she only did it for a few seconds, but still, SHE DID IT! And I? Am terrified of what this means.

Labels: , ,



8 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

Wow...looks great! It looks like you found a kid under all of that junk!

I'm the opposite...I used to hate summer because of the heat, but now that I work in this air conditioned office all day - wearing a sweater all day! - I enjoy leaving the building every day at 6pm and "thawing out" in my toasty car.

But with that said, I am so ready for fall! It cannot get here soon enough.

Blogger Jessica said...

Wow! What a difference! You wanna come organize my house? lol

Ok, I'm officially jealous...your child is standing, and mine hasn't even crawled yet *sob*

So have you started any scrapbooking projects in the new and improved room? :)

Blogger Mrs. DeVoe said...

I am very proud of you heather.....that room looks great....makes me want to scrapbook....when I do...I am coming to your house!

Blogger Alicia said...

xWow! I can honestly say, I doubted you having the room done... by your summer deadline, that is!

Yea, Aeralyn is standing up on her own! Impressive, Kyra didn't do that until after she started walking.

A piece of advice, while your wee-one is learning to stand, next will be learning to climb. Those crates and such stacked in the corner should be re-evaluated in a few months. Unless you want Aeralyn to be taller then you at such a young age!

Blogger Beverly said...

You've been busy! Wow! I bet it feels great to have accomplished "the room".

I cant believe the baby is standing! Steven walked when he was 8 months, but my other two...goodness were they late in standing and walking!

Blogger Marz said...

woo hoo!
good job! That's impressive clean!!
Way to go Aeralyn!!! watch out mom! she'll be walking in no time!

Blogger Stephanie said...

Very nice. It is so great to have a clean space to work.

Woot on the standing up! I am still waiting for mine to realize she can.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow it looks AWESOME!!!!

And way to go little gorgeous girl!!
(sorry I'm so late!)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer