Wednesday, June 13, 2007
Clumsy
A little over a month ago, I had an accident. I know, you're shocked that I didn't tell you, but I didn't think it was a big deal. I really didn't, I promise.

Let me start at the beginning.

I am extremely clutzy. I know you're probably sitting there thinking "Me too!", but I can guarantee you that I am about three thousand times more clumsy than you are. I've gotten so bad that when I yell "OUCH!" from whatever part of the house I'm in, Aaron doesn't even blink an eye or come running or anything. His usual response is to say in an exasperated tone "What happened now?"

I know, he is super awesome. And all mine. YAY!

Ahem. So, like I was saying, a little over a month ago I had an accident. I was aggravated with Aaron over something that I can't even remember now, and I was arguing with him at the back door. I turned to walk back in the house, and my plan was to slam the door. You know, so he would know how mad I was. (I know, childish, but it gets the point across and makes me feel better). Anyway, as I was walking in, my foot somehow got hung up on the rug, and I ended up slamming the door on my heel. And it hurt. Really bad. I iced it, washed it off and put a bandaid on it and really didn't think much more about it.

Then, about four days later, I put my tennis shoe on to go to the gym. My heel was so swollen that it was too uncomfortable to wear my shoe, so I decided I would give it more time before I tried to wear a shoe with a back on it. And now, here I am with a heel that is still swollen and I have no idea why.

I went to the doctor over a week ago, and she made me a referal to a podiatrist. I will be going to that appointment next week. Oh boy! I can't wait to see what the foot fetish doctor has to say. Yes, that's right, the foot fetish doctor. Why else would you want to work with feet all day? That's what I thought.

Thank goodness it's warm and I've been able to wear flip flops. But this also means that I haven't been able to go to the gym in over a month because I can't get my workout shoes on. I'm actually missing it too. So, hopefully this foot thing will be resolved soon. Anyone have any advice?


Labels: , ,



7 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

Ouch - you've had a swollen heel...for a month!
I hope it's not serious - keep us updated.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crikey girl, buy some lavender oil (the ESSENTIAL oil, not the aromatherapy crap that makes the room smell) and use that. Works wonders for reducing swelling and bruising.

However... it sounds like you may have damaged something so I doubt the lavender would work in this particular case. :\

Btw, my beloved behaves exactly like Aaron when I hurt myself - it's just so often. LOL.

Blogger Marz said...

Ouch! I felt your pain through your blog. You poor thing. I hope it turns out to be nothing that a little cream of some kind can't heal.
BTW, I don't think door slamming is childish because I do it too & if I could slam a cordless phone down to hang up on him sometimes that would be done as well, lol.

Blogger Beverly said...

OUCH!

Those doors slamming on the back of the feet really hurt...but still swollen after a month? Ouch! I'm glad you're getting it looked at. Hopefully it's easily fixable!

Blogger Jessica said...

Poor girl! Having your foot hurt really does suck. You don't realize how much you really use those things until they're injured! I injured my ankle a couple of years ago, and it still hurts when I walk on it. Probably tendon damage.

Anyways, back to you, I hope your appointment goes well. Let us know what happens.

Oh, and BTW, I also slam doors, AND to REALLY make my point, I also stomp up stairs! lol! So, it's not just you who does things like this! Those husbands of ours...you'd think they'd learn soon enough...

Blogger Alicia said...

You waited a month? You told me about this while I was still there, and I think that's been more then a month ago! Next time, lets not wait so long?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awe poor heather!! hope its gets better!!!

~tara

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer