Friday, April 20, 2007
I should have kept my mouth shut.
So, remember in my last post where I told you how my hair is the most awesome it has ever been?

Yeah. Um, I shouldn't have said anything. It totally looked like crap today. If and when I ever get the time to use my straightener properly, I will most definitely take a picture to show all of you. I don't know when that will be considering my baby has decided she must be entertained every single waking second of her day. I swear, that kid. Doesn't she know I have way more important things to do other than play with her all day? Like, straighten my hair and update this blog.

Relax people, I am kidding.

And yes, it is true that some people are of the opinion that I must have more children. Actually, most people have that opinion I'm finding out. Aeralyn simply cannot go through life as an only child. It seems that I would be commiting a terrible crime to only have one child "this day and age". How dare I be so selfish! *gasp*

I may change my mind one day. I have a right to do that if I so choose, but as it stands right now, I see nothing wrong with having one child. Especially since Aaron agrees with me 100%, and honestly? His opinion is the only one that does or should matter to me. If people think that my decision is selfish, then I guess that's just what they will have to think. Although maybe it is a little selfish considering how cute Aeralyn turned out. The world can always use more attractive people.

Ha ha. Kidding again. Although she is pretty darn cute, you have to admit.

I apologize for the lack of photographic evidence from the hot pink mold on my turkey. I've been scolded for telling the internet such disgusting things. Aaron was horrified when he saw the pictures I posted of the rotten food in our refrigerator last year, and we all know how freaked out he got when I wanted to show you a picture of the biggest shower drain clog of all time. Little does he know, we could have actually won a world record for that thing. Too bad he wouldn't let me take a picture. I tried to Google an image of molded Turkey, but apparently no one has ever thought to take a picture of that before. Now I feel bad because I could have done a great service to all of mankind.

I've got some turkey in the fridge right now actually. Can you say, science experiment? Let's see how long it takes to grow pink mold again.

And this time, I am so taking a picture.

Labels: , ,



7 Comments:

Blogger Alicia said...

I'm sorry if your hair wasn't completely awesome and picture worthy today. But don't think you're off the hook... I want a picture of this perfect hair.

Like I've told you before, I am totally on your side with the only child business. I hear it all the time. It gets old, fast. But you're right. The world would could always use another cute kid!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

my husband was an only child and he turned out great. he most definatly does NOT think the world revolves around him and knows very well how to interact with other people. he made friendships with people(school,neighbors) and didnt feel like he was missing anything at all from what hes told me. he was very very happy growing up and still is to this day. and when he was "thrown into the real world" as you put it lol...he decided to join the army. :)

im not sure if this helps you much, just his experience :)

~Tara

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh and i must say, i was kinda hoping for the picture of the mold as well....what can we say...you have wierd friends :P

Tara

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I'm really sorry if I offended you about the more kids thing. That so really was not my intention at all :( I'm sooooo sorry. :(

Blogger Heather said...

Oh no Erica! You did not offend me at all! =) I'm actually not offended by any of the comments that I've heard (all from people in real life, mostly my family!), except for maybe the one that I won't be a "real" parent unless I have more than one child.

Kira's dad's experience is actually the exact opposite of my husbands, LOL! My husband was not an only child, and him and his sister have never really gotten along. He wishes he was an only child, so that's some of the reason why we are thinking about having only one.

Don't worry, you did not offend me in the least! =)

Blogger Lindsey said...

As someone who had two siblings that constantly tortured her, I cannot imagine having only one child.

But I'm 100% with you, Heather. You're in charge - this is your life - do what you want with it.

But if you had two daughters, one could marry Hunter, and one could marry Tanner...

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather, you've been in both roles. You were an only child and then you shared a room with a "sister". You decide what is right for Aeralyn. I like the saying, if you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans and never really say what you want or don't want where babies are concerned. Remember my redhead and baldheaded baby thing? I got both even if my second child was 10 when I got her. Love you still!!!!! Relax, enjoy Aeralyn and each day as it comes and see what God has in store for you. I would have never imagined what He planned for me but I thank Him everyday that you and now your family are in my life. Love you , Kid! Barbara

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer