Wednesday, February 07, 2007
My Busy Weekend...REVEALED!
Alicia called me out on not giving the details of my weekend to you all. I should have known I wouldn't be able to hide anything from y'all. Actually, I could still hide it and just make up something random and still not tell you what we really did this weekend, but I won't do that.

We went to visit my sister this weekend so that she could finally get the tatertot fix that she has been longing for. We went shopping, ate tons of good food, and had alot of fun visiting.

Now, I know you all are wondering why I didn't just go ahead and tell you that in the first place, so I'll go ahead and tell you my reasons.

I was trying to hide the fact that I went to visit my sister because I didn't go visit any of my other family that lives near her. I always feel bad because I don't get a chance to see everyone, and I don't want to hurt anbody's feelings. But, I'm not going to let it bother me so much anymore. I have a small baby who still has to be breastfed every 2 and 1/2 to 3 hours, so anytime I go anywhere, I have to plan it around her feeding schedule. It may not sound like a big challenge, but it is. It's not that I have a problem with nursing her in public or around other people. I have learned to cover myself so that nothing shows and a passerby probably has no idea that I'm nursing my child. But, she doesn't do so well when I have to cover up because she thinks it's playtime when I put a blanket over her, and then she won't eat because she's too busy laughing her head off and trying to play peek-a-boo. You see my dillemma?

And honestly, I don't get to see my sister and my neice and nephew very often. When I do get a chance to visit them, which is only once every couple of months, I like to spend the short time that I have to visit with them. I feel like I barely have enough time to spend with them, much less have any time to rush around trying to see everyone else in one short weekend. Actually, only one day because we don't get there until late Friday evening, and we have to leave to come home early Sunday morning. I've done all the running around before, and it's too stressful.

So, don't get your feelings hurt if I didn't come to see you this weekend. I'm hoping to have a longer visit in the summer, so I promise to visit then.

That was my weekend story. I think I'm finally recovered, although my house is still littered with suitcases and other junk. I'm working on getting it back together slowly but surely. I hope you all had a weekend that was as fun as mine.

Labels: ,



4 Comments:

Blogger Alicia said...

Okay, now I'm jealous. You went to visit your sister and you didn't drive all the way up here to New England to see me? How dare you!

Jer and go through the same thing when we go to Arkansas. With every trip we're on the brink of signing divorce papers. How we've solved that problem... we haven't been there since I was 2 months pregnant. No making one side of the family jealous, no traveling all over tarnation, no having to drag Kyra from place to place. The people in Ar don't understand this, and still get offended, but hey, that's life.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

now if u come to see alicia you have to drive 2-3 more hours if that to boston to see me ! :P
im glad that john and i do not have that problem. his family is is boston, mine in Ga. :D Glad you had fun!!
~Tara

Blogger Lindsey said...

Now I'm offended. You will drive x miles to go see your sister, but you can't even stop by MY HOUSE - I'm practically your neighbor compared to all of these other people!!!

:P

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll add my 2cents worth in now. You haven't been over here since AUGUST of last year! I can understand and forgive you though for not bringing that innocent child over here to this infection, fever ridden house. I can't get over there because someone is ALWAYS running a fever here. I swear Puddles even had a fever today. I'm going to get over there! I think of you and Aeralyn all the time and for some reason, everytime I see a little blue truck, I think of Aaron. Yeah, I know, it burnt about a year ago. Don't give up hope on me yet. I still want to go on the 7th and any other time you need/want me to go with you. I could use the break from this place and I know how hard it is to have to deal with a little one and try to get other stuff done at the same time. My love to all! Barbara

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer