Thursday, February 01, 2007
Month Five
Dear Aeralyn,

This month has brought so many changes in you. It's hard to believe that you are five months old today, and if we went back in time to the begining of last month, I would hardly even recognize the baby that you were.

This month the biggest new adventure for you has been eating real food. So far you have tried green beans, peas, sweet potatoes, squash, bananas, apples and peaches. By far, your favorite is sweet potatoes, and of course, they are the only food that we have tried you on so far that you have a reaction to. I'm hoping that in time your little tummy will be able to handle your love for sweet potatoes.

Another big change for you this month is that you sleep in your OWN BED in your OWN ROOM down the hall. And mommy and daddy sleep in their room with the monitor turned up to THIS LOUD so we can hear you breathing. We started trying to get you to sleep in your own bed way back in December. It was not an easy process, and you were bound and determined you were NOT sleeping in your crib. You would go from being sound asleep in my arms, to screaming like we were laying you on a bed of knives as soon as we would lay you in your crib. It became extremely frustrating, and after a couple of sessions of rocking you to sleep and laying you in your crib, I would end up just bringing you back to bed with us. Lather, rinse, repeat. Every. Single. Night.

Then, one night, I layed you down and put my shirt in there with you. You snuggled up to it and went right to sleep. I almost fainted right there in your room. And then the next night, I put you in your crib while you were still awake because you were cranky and wouldn't go to sleep in my arms. When we checked on you about 10 minutes later, you were asleep. And now every night, between 8:30pm and 9:30pm, I put you in your crib, turn on your musical birdies, and you go right to sleep all by yourself. And every night, my heart breaks a little bit more because you don't need me like you used to. You even take naps in your crib every day. You still don't sleep through the night yet. When you wake up for the first time aroud 12:30am, I will go and get you and bring you back to bed with me. I know I need to break this habit, but I'm not quite ready yet.

You are growing up so fast.

Lately you have developed a fascination with faces. You love to touch our face with your hands, and pull on our lips and noses and ears. This activity could amuse you for hours, but we can only take so much of your little pinchy fingers.

Your favorite time of the day is bath time, and I couldn't be happier about that. You love the water so much, and this fact just makes me even more excited for summer to get here so we can have fun in the swimming pool.

You have become such a happy baby. You laugh and squeal and smile almost all the time, and you are truly the light of our lives. I don't know how we ever lived without you.

I love you more than anything in the world,
Mama

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer