Thursday, November 23, 2006
Happy Thanksgiving!!
I am thankful for:

My husband and his ability to make me the happiest I've ever been. For letting me yell and pout and stomp and scream anytime I feel like over-reacting, and letting me cry on his shoulder when the world decides to turn on me. For snuggles on the couch and nose kisses. For being my best friend and my soulmate. For splitting the last of the strawberry ice cream with me and always letting me pick out the movie. And most importantly being the most understanding husband anyone can ask for and the best daddy in the world to our little girl.

My daughter and her smile that makes my heart want to explode. Her slobbery kisses and bubbly giggles, and the unconditional love that she gives me. The sweet powdery smell after her bath and the softness of her skin against my cheek. For making my life complete and showing me what is really important in this world.

My family for being there no matter what. For loving me for me and letting me find out who and what I want to be in life. For the ones that I don't see and talk to often, and for the ones that I see and talk to every day. And for the ones that I know are looking down on me from heaven.

My friends who listen anytime I need them to. Who visit when they can and always have a door open in their home for me and my family. The inside jokes and silly memories, and all the things we learned the hard way together. For the bad choices and the good choices that taught us life lessons, and all the pictures we took along the way.

My sister for always telling me the truth and being there to share a good laugh anytime I need it. For giving me my nephew who never ceases to amaze me with his wit and humor, and my niece who loves me enough to say a prayer for me each night at bedtime.

My dog who snuggles with me at night and gets so excited to see me again in the mornings. For my cat who lets me pet him on special occasions and always makes me laugh when he plays with the twisty ties off the bread.

My camera that allows me to capture all the important moments in life so I can pass on pictures to my children and grandchildren to give them a glimpse of the past.

Chocolate pecan pie from Cracker barrell, blooming onions from Outback, sweet tea, and strawberry ice cream cones.

The Graco swing for being the only place my daughter will sleep other than in my arms, and the Fisher Price bouncey seat that lets me get a shower each day (and really, aren't you all thankful that I get to shower daily?)

And of course I am thankful for the health of myself and my friends and family, food, clothing, shelter and money and all the other stuff that gets me through the day that I am so lucky to have. I could go on and on, but Grey's Anatomy is two-hours long tonight, and I've got to prepare for the insane amount of shopping that will ensue tomorrow. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and have full bellies and happy hearts. And for my non-American readers, I hope you had a terrific Thursday.

Labels:



2 Comments:

Heather nice read today... congrats! Happy Thanksgiving

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving,and thank you. We love you too!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer