Monday, July 02, 2007
Month Ten
Dear Aeralyn,

Yesterday you turned ten months old. Your tenth month has been such a fun and exciting one. I can't believe that in just two more months we will be celebrating your first birthday. You are growing up so very fast.


Your major accomplishment this month has been learning to stand yourself up in the middle of the floor without the help of anyone or anything. You did it for the first time on Father's Day, and you haven't stopped since. I have been told that this is a little backwards and that most children learn to walk before they learn to stand themselves up. I guess you decided that this was the way for you instead, and that is fine with me. You can stand on your own for a very long time, you can kneel and squat, and then stand yourself back up again. And, yesterday afternoon, you took your very first wobbly step. You were just as suprised as I was, and you almost immediately fell down on your bottom as if to say, "I'm not quite ready for that". I'm not quite ready yet either, so take your time.

Another skill you have learned this month is pointing. It is so hard to resist when you point to something that you want. More often than not though, you will point to something you can't have. I'm sorry, but no matter how adorable you look when you are pointing, you may not have the butcher knife. I know you don't understand why now, but trust me, you will thank me for not giving it to you later.

You talk non-stop from the time you get up until the time you go to bed. It is all mostly jibber-jabber, but still incredibly cute. You will repeat a few words very inconsistently, like: mama, dada, baby, book, uh-oh, and dog. I know you are going to be a little chatterbox once you learn to talk, and I can't wait!

I can't wait to see what this eleventh month is going to bring.

I love you, punkin',
Mama










1 Comments:

Blogger Marz said...

Awww... that was sweet.
boy oh boy, they grow up so fast, don't they?

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer